Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Best of Both Worlds.

I am sitting in Seattle,
the place where I began to rot
among the depressed, angry thieves
that scowl my neighborhood
for junkie plunder.

I recall the days when I
was a junkie that whored
a few times for a few
shitty, wet bags
from a drug dealer in the
Lower east side of New York City.
Go ahead please feel free
to want to call me out
on any shit you perceive (word of the day) necessary.

I am sitting watching the
seattle sun go down behind
the gray rainy clouds that
come aroaring across
the Olympic peninsula
into Seattle and Capitol Hill.
I am done calling you out
on perceived hatreds and wrongs
that have nothing to do
with how I feel
about you. It's over-
done and done. I have let it go
through telling you how I felt
about it.

As the seasons change I recall
the many reasons that my soul
needs you.
In your arms
the bad times shall slip away,
there was never anything but love,
that was all I ever had for you.
But wicked things can happen...
you see 'em goin' down in war.
Now that there over-
I return home to your shore.

I will always be
the best of both worlds.
Now that the seasons are changing
all the facts of the matter
are clear
I will always
be the best
of both worlds
but there is so much
more to becoming a man
than just looking like one.
The best of both worlds,
I can't wait to take you
in my arms once again
and be the best of both worlds.

This has always been my problem,
not being able to
be who I am on the inside
the reason for many of my
lifetime mistakes.
Now that I can be
who I need to be
to complete myself.
I am reincarnating
within the same lifetime.
But there is so much more
to becoming a man
than just looking like one.
I will always be
the best of both worlds.
The one that
completes yours.



The End.

No comments: