Wednesday, August 13, 2008

A Cry For Help.

I need to scream
these songs at the sun,
a cry for help,
is what I need.

I am suffering,
every day-
it becomes unbearable-
this denial that I face-
maybe it was long ago,
but then again
so was the civil war-
though still we suffer
from those tragic years.
I don't know what to do anymore.

I have never been this depressed,
in my entire life.
This cigarette I smoke,
I cling to perseverance.
You have no idea-
how much this denial hurts.
Please have some compassion,
for these awful painful poems
that I write to you
in spite of the fact
that you don't love me too
and if you do
in fact
love me
like I love you-
then shame,
shame,
shame on you.

Search your heart,
I am sorry I have
torn us apart,
search your soul-
my life you stole,
on a painful day
when all that was said
was washed away.

No comments: