Saturday, June 26, 2010

Old Poem #4

This is a poem I wrote in 94, one of the first poems I wrote for you when I left NYC.

Nico 2-13-94

Running around town
with you on my arm
looking for a party
looking for a ride
Seeking a thrill
oh the nights of debauchery
all the laughter
all the cries
Doing drugs to fly
wanting to get high
Running around town
with you by my side
missing your touch
and missing your voice
Run around town with me
one more time girl
for you were once
the world to me.
Now all I have
is a memory.
Visions of you
under big city lights
Remember the days when
we use to fly?
Remember the days when
we didnt get high?
You and me running around town
Days of the past
Oh I thought it would last
missing you now
my best friend
wont you run around town
with me one last time?
So shut off the lights
and dream of me tonight.

"Wars May Come and Wars May Go But Art Is Forever."

No comments: