Sunday, December 14, 2008

My Leather Jacket






I have this amazing Leather Jacket that was given to me in 2001 by a member of this awesome punk band that was called Onward To Mayhem from Minneapolis. I had 3 other leather jackets stolen from me in my life so this one was my karma coming back to me. It is covered in spikes and studs and is an atypical street punk leather jacket. The kind that all the young punks want to make. I put a few patches on it and a few of the spikes, but most of it was done when I got it.

Well at the end of 2005 I started to gain a massive amount of weight due to a relationship I was in ending, inactivity, cable TV and depression. I probably gained 50 pounds or so over 2006. I have not been able to wear that jacket in a long time. In the beginning of 2005 I had lost weight really quickly when I entered into my last relationship. Before that from 2003-2004 I was also over-weight, but not as much as I was in 2006. I have not been able to wear this leather jacket since about 2004, except for a few months in 2005.

Last night my friend and her boyfriend came over to visit me for awhile. She is a punk rocker and I had told her about my jacket so I showed it to her. I put it on and low and behold....it fit! I was actually able to zip it up for the first time in years!!! Even with a hooded sweatshirt underneath it zipped up. It felt really good. I have lost almost 70 pounds since I taped the TCM piece in 2006. I feel really good and I look even better. Even though I am 36...I look about 21 and I am being serious about that. I do not look my age. I was told by a spiritual master that the reason that I look young and will always look way younger than my age is because in all my past lives I died as a young man. I never got to be that old. But this is the lifetime, if everything goes right, where I am going to live to be an old man. I guess we will see what happens.

I hardly ever wore this jacket, even when it fit, due to it being so heavy. But now since I am on testosterone and I am getting A LOT stronger, it all ready feels easier to wear. I am not an atypical street punk and never really was because I don't drink alcohol,I am not into violence and fucking shit up and I am not an elitist asshole like many of the other punks back east that wear these kinds of jackets. They actually think they are more punk than the people who don't have a spiked and studded leather jacket like that. When I got it in 2001 and started to wear it around NYC, CT and else where....these street punks were a lot nicer and friendlier to me than they were before I had this jacket. Totally silly. Totally dumb. Elitist punk rockers make me ill. I would rather be a loner than hang out with idiot assholes. As it is I never go to punk or hardcore shows anymore...I just buy records online and support the scene that way. I am not a scenester..I don't hang out with many other punk rockers. I have always been my own little original punk scene by myself and I like it that way. The only thing I want in this life is my best friend and wife. The one that lives in NYC, the one that I have loved for most of my life.

All I know right now is that I feel great about losing weight. I feel great that this jacket finally fits me. I feel great on the testosterone and I feel great when I think of my future.

Thanks for reading-
KPR


"Wars May Come and Wars May Go But Art Is Forever."

No comments: